Edanz Group Japan/Liwen Bianji are looking for two full-time, in-house team members to join our Author Support Team, which comprises 10+ in-house staff in our Fukuoka office as well as team members in Tokyo and Beijing. One position will be based in our Fukuoka office and one in our Beijing office.
The position involves reviewing and project managing our non-editing services (e.g., journal selection, cover letter and abstract writing, etc.), assigning work to freelance experts, creating and delivering educational content through our eLearning program and live seminars and workshops, participating in science community-building activities, and working closely with local sales and marketing staff to strengthen relationships with our clients and community partners through outreach activities. The position may also involve editing manuscripts and providing feedback and training to our freelance experts (native English speaker only). There is scope for the position to grow and evolve with the right candidate.
The Author Support Team includes staff from many different countries and backgrounds. Cultural fit with the team and ability to work smoothly in a multicultural environment is a must. Chinese or Japanese language skills are a plus but not required.
- Native English speaker (must have completed secondary and higher education in an inner circle country) or native Japanese or Chinese speaker with full professional fluency in English.
- MUST have completed PhD or equivalent degree in life science or physical science prior to April 2018 (ABD or partial completion not accepted)
- First or primary author of a manuscript published in a peer-reviewed international journal within the last 5 years
- Experience living abroad
- Two-plus years of post-doctoral research or teaching experience
- Degree in biomedical sciences or statistics
- Peer review and/or journal editorial board experience
- Current resident in China or Japan for the Beijing and Fukuoka positions, respectively
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and able to handle multiple priorities
- Quick learner who can handle a wide range of tasks
- Highly computer literate, proficient in Microsoft Office
- Self-starter and able to solve complex problems independently
Location and hours
The two open positions are full-time and based in our Beijing office (Dengshikou Street, Dongcheng District) and Fukuoka, Japan office. Hours are somewhat flexible and work from home up to 20% of working time may be possible.
Paid leave in accordance with Japanese/Chinese law + 2 paid sick days.
Offer package will reflect qualifications, experience and current housing situation.
Please send a CV and cover letter with “Scientific Publication Expert” in the subject line of your email to Julia M. Schumann, Managing Editor & Author Support Manager, at jschumann [at] edanzgroup.com and indicate which location you are applying for (Beijing or Fukuoka).
Be sure to include contact information for at least two professional references who are familiar with your work and can be contacted via email; applications without professional references will not be considered.
Please understand that, owing to the large number of applications, unsuccessful applicants may not receive a response.